- What Personal Information About Customers Does AJBoggs Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does AJBoggs Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Websites, we may use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses AJBoggs.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of AJBoggs on other Websites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from AJBoggs if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as Netto Instant purchasing, advertisements on other Websites (e.g., content served by AJBoggs) and other Websites using Checkout by Netto eCommerce, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as A.J. Boggs IXN hosting services, these businesses use ajboggs.com or sell offerings to you at ajboggs.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. Click here for some examples of co-branded and joint offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. If you click on a link in our site that takes you to a third-party’s website, and you provide information there, you should see their terms of service and privacy policies (we do not control their use of information you provide directly to them).
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of AJBoggs customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that AJBoggs, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of AJBoggs and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ajboggs.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, and unless you have given prior consent, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
ajboggs.com may also displays personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on ajboggs.com, visits to AJBoggs affiliate websites, or use of payment services like Netto eCommerce on other Websites. Click here for more information about the personal information that we gather. Although AJBoggs does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought or browsed for translation control software). If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Which Information Can I Access?
AJBoggs gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Netto eCommerce for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples, the list of which will change as our Website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such AJBoggs features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you choose to visit ajboggs.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Michigan. If you have any concern about privacy at ajboggs.com, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Netto eCommerce or one of our third-party sellers (e.g., IXN.com); provide information in our account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when working with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; participate in discussion boards or other community features; provide reviews; share information with other ajboggs.com site visitors or Netto members; and employ other services, such as product available notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in Netto settings; e-mail addresses of other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in your account settings; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the website search features offered by our other business units, Netto and IXN; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
Examples of businesses with which we offer joint or co-branded products and other offerings include IXN, Netto eCommerce, and JNST.org.
Copyright © 2018 A.J. Boggs & Company